Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Resting for 1.5 hours
- Serves 8
A scrumptious banana bread, mixing the classic recipe with peanut butter and rich dark chocolate
- 2 large free range eggs
- 140g self-raising flour
- 140g baking butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 heaped table spoons peanut butter
- 3 large bananas
- Sprinkling of brown sugar
- 100g bar of dark chocolate or 1 tablespoon of Nutella
- STEP 1Mix the caster sugar with the flour in a bowl until you are left with a smooth and consistent butter sugar mix, with minimal lumps. Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- STEP 2Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, adding to the butter sugar mix with the flour and mix all the ingredients together.
- STEP 3In another bowl, mush two bananas until smooth, add the peanut butter (and Nutella if you're substituting for the dark chocolate chunks). Mix until smooth and add to the butter-flour-eggs mix.
- STEP 4Add the baking powder to the mix and stir until smooth.
- STEP 5Prep your cake tin with butter, spreading around the tin to act as a glue. Next, add greaseproof paper and apply more butter inside to stop the mix from sticking after the bake.
- STEP 6Add the batter, making sure you get all of it into the tin. In a grid-like manner, add squares of your dark chocolate and submerge just below the surface so that they're only just visible. This will mean that they're gooey and in the middle of the cake once baked.
- STEP 7Slice the last banana and add to the top of the mix in the tin on top of the chocolate grid. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and place in the middle of the oven.
- STEP 8Leave to bake for 30-35 minutes. Do not open the oven during baking as it may sink. Keep an eye on it to ensure it's not burning. Leave to rest for an hour after baking, then remove from the tin to air for another 30. Slice and enjoy!