Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pesto Salmon & Spaghetti
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A delicious Mediterranean inspired recipe using wholewheat spaghetti and canned wild salmon, easy peasy and ready in under half an hour!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g pack of wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 418g can of wild pink salmon
- 2 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of Pesto
- 1/2 green/yellow pepper, chopped
- handful of green olives (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- a pinch (or more if desired) of chili flakes
- a pinch (or more if desired) dried mixed herbs
- ground black pepper to taste
- STEP 1Bring a large saucepan of water to boil, add spaghetti and leave to boil for approx 15 minutes
- STEP 2In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and add the chopped pepper, crushed garlic, chili flakes and mixed herbs, cook until the peppers are softening and then add the can of salmon, gently breaking it into flakes with a wooden spoon, add the spoonfuls of pesto and then pour in the chopped tomatoes, stir well and leave to simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3Drain the spaghetti once cooked, tip the spaghetti into the pan of other ingredients and mix together, add black pepper to taste
- STEP 4Toss in the handful of olives, stir and serve immediatley