Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Smoked Haddock & Tomato Risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Enough for 2-3 people, depending on amount of fish.
Hearty, warm and very tasty. Great pick-me-up meal!
- 1x Small Onion (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup Red Pepper (Diced)
- 250g Aborio Rissotto Rice
- 2x Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1x Tsp Chipotle Paste
- 1x Small Chopped Chilli (or more for spice!)
- 25g Knob of Butter (Unsalted)
- 1x Tsp Rosemary (I used dried)
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- Sprinkling of Saffron (Roughly 1/2 Tsp)
- 100ml of Milk
- 2 or 3 portions of Smoked Haddock
- 400ml Stock (your choice, I use Veggie)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 (fan) degrees and place the haddock in a tin foil bath if the milk to poach. You may use a small roasting tray but will require more milk. Poach this for between 15-17 minutes. Timings may differ depending on thickness of your Haddock portion. Add the onion, chilli and red pepper into a large saucepan and simmer with a small amount of oil until the pepper soften/ onions become translucent.
- STEP 2Add the risotto rice and butter and lightly fry in the pan. Continue to turn the rissotto rice in the pan to avoid any sticking. After a few minutes, add the chopped tomatoes, chipotle chilli paste, Rosemary, saffron and purée and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- STEP 3Add the stock to 400ml boiling water and stir until dissolved. When the Rissotto Sauce mixture starts reducing, add some stock gradually (not all at once). Repeat this process until the rissotto has softened. Once softened and the fish is ready, serve and dig in! I usually have a crusty bread roll to go with.