Weaning recipe: Carrot & red lentil purée
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes about 400g
- small knob of butter
- ¼ tsp ground coriander (optional)
- 50g red split lentils , thoroughly rinsed
- 4 carrots (around 350g carrots), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-2 tbsp yogurt (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the coriander, if using, and cook for 1 min. Stir in the lentils and carrots, then pour in enough water to just cover.
- STEP 2
Bring to the boil, cook for 10 mins, then turn down and simmer for a further 5 mins or until the lentils and carrots are tender.
- STEP 3
Drain, then transfer to a food processor and pulse until smooth with the yogurt, if needed. Serve one portion and divide the rest between small containers and freeze.