Vegan rainbow spring rolls
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Makes 24
Try these colourful vegan spring rolls as canapés for a party, vibrant with fresh veg and juicy mango. Serve with a sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 12 spring roll wrappers (we used Blue Dragon)
- ½ small pack mint , leaves picked
- ½ small pack Thai basil , leaves picked (optional)
- 4 spring onions , cut in half then cut lengthways into strips
- 1 courgette , peeled lengthways, halved and cut into thin strips (or use julienne peeler)
- 1 large carrot , halved and cut into thin strips (or use julienne peeler)
- ½ mango , cut into strips
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 50g salted peanuts , chopped (optional)
- sweet chilli sauce , for dipping
- STEP 1
Have all your ingredients prepared and ready to go before you start assembling the rolls. Dip a spring roll wrapper into a shallow bowl of water until it just softens (don’t leave it too long or you’ll be left with a gluey mess). Put the wet wrapper on a chopping board, then top with a couple of mint and basil leaves (if using), and some spring onion, courgette, carrot, mango, chilli and peanuts (if using).
- STEP 2
Starting with the edge nearest to you, fold the wrapper into the centre so that it covers half the filling. Fold in both of the shorter ends, then, rolling away from you, fold the wrapper over so that the entire filling is encased. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and fillings to make 12 spring rolls. Can be made in the morning and kept in the fridge for later.
- STEP 3
To serve, cut the spring rolls in half on the diagonal. Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce on the side.