- 1 tbsp vegetable or rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 2 tbsp mild tandoori curry paste
- small pack coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
- 2 limes, 1 zested and juiced, 1 cut into wedges
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 200g red lentils
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 300g basmati rice
- 400g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300g stringless runner beans, thinly sliced on the diagonal
Runner beans have been growing in South America for over 2,000 years, and are a popular garden…
Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 5-10 mins on a medium heat until softened. Add the paste, coriander stalks and lime zest, and cook for 1-2 mins until fragrant. Tip in the red lentils, coconut milk and 400ml hot water, and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 mins. Meanwhile, put a pan of water on to boil and cook the rice following pack instructions.
Add the tomatoes and runner beans to the lentils and cook for a further 5 mins. Drain the rice. Add the lime juice to the curry, check the seasoning and sprinkle over the coriander leaves. Serve with the rice and lime wedges for squeezing over.