Toddler recipe: Sweetcorn & spinach fritters
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 fritters (3 toddler portions or 14 small portions)
- 1 x small can no-salt sweetcorn, drained
- small handful baby spinach leaf
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 50g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 50ml milk
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil, for frying
- STEP 1
Pulse all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor until fairly but not completely smooth.
- STEP 2
Heat a little oil in a frying pan until hot and dollop four spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan leaving space around them. Fry for just under 1 min on each side until lightly golden. When you flip the fritter, flatten with a spatula to ensure even cooking the whole way through. Cook in three batches, placing the cooked fritters on a plate covered with kitchen roll. Serve warm.
- STEP 3
You can freeze any fritters you don’t need. Lay them on a baking sheet, then once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag. Reheat the frozen fritters in the oven (180C/160fan/gas 4) for around 10 mins until piping hot. Allow to cool to lukewarm before serving.