Stir-fry chilli beef wraps
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus optional marinating
- Serves 2
- 150g thin-cut frying steak , very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 good pinches of ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 yellow pepper , deseeded, quartered and sliced
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes , chopped
- 400g can black bean , drained
- good handful fresh coriander
- 4 value soft tortilla wraps
- STEP 1
Put the steak in a bowl with the spices and garlic, and stir well. If you have time, leave to marinate for a couple of hrs. Heat the oil in a wok, then tip in the beef and fry for just 1-2 mins, until it changes colour but is still on the rare side. Remove the beef to a plate.
- STEP 2
Add the pepper and half the onion, and stir-fry in the juices – add a splash of water to get things going and stop it burning. Stir in the tomatoes and beans, and heat through with plenty of seasoning, then stir in most of the coriander.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, heat the tortillas. The best way is directly on the gas flame, as it gives them a lovely charred flavour. Stir the beef into the beans and heat briefly. Serve with the tortillas and the reserved onion and coriander.