Steak & caramelised onion sandwich
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
- 4 minute steaks (Sainsbury's Taste the Difference are good) or 2 x 1cm thick sirloin steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- 1 small ciabatta loaf
- 4 tbsp caramelised onions
- half an 85g bag watercress
- STEP 1
Put the grill on. Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Season both sides of the steaks with salt, then fry for 1-2 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, slice the ciabatta in half lengthways and grill the cut sides until golden.
- STEP 2
Drizzle the toasted ciabatta with olive oil, spread the bottom half with the onions and sit the steaks on top. Cover with the watercress and close the sandwich with the other half of the ciabatta. Cut into four sandwiches and serve two per person. Serve hot.