Steak & broccoli protein pots
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 250g pack wholegrain rice mix with seaweed (Merchant Gourmet)
- 2 tbsp chopped sushi ginger
- 4 spring onions , the green part finely chopped, the white halved lengthways and cut into lengths
- 160g broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 225g lean fat-trimmed fillet steak
- STEP 1
Tip the rice mix into a bowl and stir in the ginger, chopped onion greens and 4 tbsp water. Add the broccoli and the spring onion whites, but keep the onions together, on top, as you will need them in the next step. Cover with cling film, pierce with the tip of a knife and microwave for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile heat a non-stick frying pan and sear the steak for 2 mins each side, then set aside. Take the onion whites from the bowl and add to the pan so they char a little in the meat juices while the steak rests.
- STEP 3
Tip the rice mixture into 2 large packed lunch pots. Slice the steak, pile the charred onions on top and seal until you're ready to eat (see tip below).