Spring roast chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
- 8 chicken thighs , on the bone, skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon , zested and cut into wedges
- 4 shallots , thickly sliced
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- small pack tarragon
- 450g asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 courgettes , thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 250g peas (preferably fresh, not frozen)
- 100g feta , crumbled
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the chicken thighs in a large shallow roasting tin, season and toss with the olive oil, lemon zest and wedges, shallots, rosemary and tarragon. Arrange the chicken thighs, skin-side up, and roast for 40-50 mins until the skin is crisp and golden.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the asparagus for 3 mins or until tender, adding the courgettes and peas for the final minute.
- STEP 3
Drain the vegetables and toss in with the chicken, coating well with the cooking juices. Crumble over the feta and serve.