Smoked mackerel & horseradish cups
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus chilling
- Serves 12
- 100g cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 50ml soured cream
- 3 smoked mackerel fillets
- small handful chives , chopped
- juice ½ lemon , plus lemon halves, to serve
- 12 large white or red chicory leaves
- STEP 1
Mix together the cottage cheese, horseradish and soured cream, and leave to sit for 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Remove skin and any bones from the mackerel, break into thumb-sized pieces and pop into a food processor. Pulse briefly to break up the chunks; it shouldn’t be too fine. Turn out into a large bowl.
- STEP 3
Mix the chives into the mackerel evenly, then fold in the cream mixture and lemon juice. Chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
- STEP 4
To serve, spoon some mackerel mix into each chicory leaf. Arrange on a large plate with lemon halves and serve with some drinks.