- 3 medium eggs , 1 lightly whisked
- 250g pack ready-cooked lemon basmati rice (we used Tilda)
- 3 tbsp low-fat crème fraîche
- small bunch parsley , chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp caper , rinsed and chopped
- 4 spring onions , sliced
- 3 hot-smoked salmon fillets (about 225g/8oz), skin removed, flaked
- 100g ready-roasted red pepper from a jar, drained and chopped
- plain flour , for dusting
- 500g pack all-butter puff pastry
- new potato , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Boil 2 of the eggs in a small pan of water for 8 mins. Cool under cold water, peel and quarter. In a large bowl, mix the rice, crème fraîche, parsley, capers, spring onions, salmon and peppers. Season well.
- STEP 2
On a lightly floured surface, divide the pastry into 2, then roll out each piece to a rectangle about 27 x 21cm, making one slightly larger than the other. Lay the smaller rectangle on a baking sheet and spoon the rice mix on top, leaving a small border around the edge. Nestle the egg quarters in the rice. Brush the pastry edge with a little beaten egg, then top with the remaining pastry and seal the edges well with a fork. Trim any excess pastry. Chill for 15 mins. Meanwhile, heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- STEP 3
Brush the parcel all over with beaten egg and make a small slit in the top. Bake for 25 mins until golden and hot. Serve in slices with new potatoes, if you like.