Roast radish, new potato & peppered mackerel salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus cooling
- Serves 4
- 2 x 200g bags radishes
- 500g baby new potatoes , halved (or quartered if large)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- juice 0.5 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove , crushed
- ½ small pack dill , most finely chopped, a few fronds reserved to garnish
- 2 bags lamb's lettuces (about 140g)
- 300g pack smoked peppered mackerel fillets, skin removed, broken up into large flakes
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the radishes and potatoes in a shallow roasting tin. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil and season. Roast in the oven for 30 mins, tossing once, until tender and golden.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk together the remaining oil, the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, chopped dill and seasoning. It may separate slightly and need whisking again before serving.
- STEP 3
Remove the veg from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins. Toss the lettuce in the dressing, top with the veg and then the fish. Sprinkle over the reserved dill fronds and serve.