- 2 x 200g bags radishes
The root of a member of the mustard family, radishes have a peppery flavour and a crisp, crunchy…
- 500g baby new potatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
New potatoes have thin, wispy skins and a crisp, waxy texture. They are young potatoes and…
- 5 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 3 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- juice ½ lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ small pack dill, most finely chopped, a few fronds reserved to garnish
- 2 bags lamb's lettuces (about 140g)
Sometimes known as Corn Salad, lamb's lettuce has long spoon-shaped dark leaves and a…
- 300g pack smoked peppered mackerel fillets, skin removed, broken up into large flakes
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the radishes and potatoes in a shallow roasting tin. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil and season. Roast in the oven for 30 mins, tossing once, until tender and golden.
Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk together the remaining oil, the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, chopped dill and seasoning. It may separate slightly and need whisking again before serving.
Remove the veg from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins. Toss the lettuce in the dressing, top with the veg and then the fish. Sprinkle over the reserved dill fronds and serve.