Red pepper, mozzarella & spinach melts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 soda farls , split lengthways, then cut in half to make 4 slices
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 140g frozen spinach cubes, defrosted at room temperature
- 2 roasted red peppers , drained and chopped
- 150g ball mozzarella , drained and chopped
- STEP 1
Heat a frying pan on medium; add the butter and a little of the oil. Once it stops sizzling, add the soda farl slices and cook for 1 min on each side until lightly golden – you’ll have to do this in batches. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Add 1 tbsp oil to the pan. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 secs, then add the spinach and cook for 1-2 mins until hot, stirring often. Season to taste.
- STEP 3
Heat the grill to medium. Spoon the spinach mixture onto each toasted farl, then pile the peppers and mozzarella on top. Season and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Pop under the grill and cook for 1-2 mins, until the cheese is bubbling. Serve immediately.