Purple sprouting broccoli with Parmesan & herbed crumbs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 6
- 25g butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper , to season
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 25g grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- 700g purple sprouting broccoli
- a little olive oil , to drizzle
- lemon wedges, to garnish
- STEP 1
Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan. When the foaming subsides, add the white breadcrumbs and stir constantly over a high heat until crisp and golden. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and the chopped thyme leaves. Tip the mixture into a bowl and leave to cool, then stir in grated Parmesan.
- STEP 2
Add the purple sprouting broccoli to a pan of boiling salted water, so the water just covers it. Cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Drain and put back in the pan, drizzle with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper and reheat, shaking gently.
- STEP 3
Arrange neatly on a warmed serving dish and scatter over the Parmesan crumbs. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.