Pods & sods with watercress
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- bunch of asparagus , woody ends removed, each spear sliced into 3 pieces on an angle
- 100g fresh or frozen podded broad beans , skins removed
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- 100g frozen soya or edamame beans
- 3 spring onions , each sliced into 3 pieces on an angle
- ½ small pack mint , leaves torn
- 100g bag watercress
For the dressing
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Drop in the asparagus, bring back to the boil, then add all the beans, the peas and spring onions. Bring to the boil again, then drain and cool quickly by running under cold water.
- STEP 2
To make the dressing, mix the mustard with the oil, vinegar and some seasoning. On a large platter, mix all the vegetables with the mint, watercress and a splash of dressing.