- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 200ml passata
- ½ small bunch basil , leaves picked
- 2 slices Parma ham , torn into bite-sized pieces
- 30g sundried tomatoes , chopped
- 50g mozzarella , torn into chunks
- 2 x 220g packs pizza dough
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic, fry for 1 min until golden, then add the passata and half the basil leaves. Bring to the boil and cook until it is reduced to a thick sauce, so around 3 mins. Stir in the Parma ham and sundried tomatoes, season, then set aside to cool a little.
- STEP 2
Roll out the pizza dough to two 12-15cm circles, then split the mixture between them, piling it onto one side. Top with the mozzarella and remaining basil.
- STEP 3
Close the calzone, pulling the side without the filling over, then crimp around the edge, so it looks like a giant Cornish pasty. Transfer to a floured baking sheet and bake for 15 mins until golden and puffed up.