Leftover lamb curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4-6
- 2 onions , roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove , chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger , peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp medium curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red chilli , halved and seeds removed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200ml lamb stock
- 500-700g leftover roast lamb , chopped into large chunks
- 1 small bunch of coriander , roughly chopped
- cooked basmati rice , naan bread and natural yogurt, to serve
- STEP 1
Whizz the onion, garlic, ginger and 200ml water in a food processor until you have a smooth paste.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a casserole dish and fry the onion mixture for 10-15 mins or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the onion begin to turn golden brown. Add the curry paste and fry for 1 min more. Stir through the tomatoes, cinnamon and chilli. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the lamb and cook, covered for 1 hr.
- STEP 3
Remove the lid and simmer uncovered for 15 mins to reduce slightly. Season to taste and stir through the coriander. Serve with fluffy basmati rice, naan bread and yogurt.