- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 eating apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried sage, or 5 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 400g-500g leftover turkey, shredded
- about 350g leftover roasted vegetables like roast potatoes, parsnips, celeriacs and carrots, chunkily diced
- STEP 1
Fry the onion and apple in the oil until softened in a casserole or deep pan. Stir in the sage for 1 min, then stir in the flour. Gradually stir in the stock followed by the mustard and honey.
- STEP 2
Bring up to a simmer and stir in the turkey and roast veg. Cover and gently simmer for 15 mins until turkey is piping hot. Season and eat with mash or jacket potatoes.