Lamb & potato kebabs with minty broad beans
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 200g baby new potato, halved
- 250g lean lamb neck, cut into 2.5cm dice
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges
- 600g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 2 tbsp mint sauce
- STEP 1
Bring a pan of water to the boil, tip in the potatoes and cook for 8-10 mins until tender. Scoop out the potatoes, keeping the cooking water on a gentle boil. Put the lamb, potatoes and pepper in a bowl. Add the garlic, oil and lemon juice. Season, then toss well to coat.
- STEP 2
Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Thread the lamb, pepper and potatoes onto 8 pre-soaked kebab skewers. When the pan is hot, grill the kebabs for 3-4 mins on each side until nicely charred around the edges.
- STEP 3
Add the broad beans to the boiling water and cook for 5 mins. Drain and pop the beans out of their skins if you have time. Mix with the mint sauce.
- STEP 4
Serve the kebabs on top of the beans with lemon wedges for squeezing over.