Jerk chicken curry with beans
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tsp jerk seasoning (we used Schwartz)
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 red onions , sliced
- small bunch coriander , stalks finely chopped, leaves reserved
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 410g can kidney bean , drained
- STEP 1
Toss chicken in 1 tsp jerk seasoning and a little salt and pepper. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, quickly brown the chicken, then remove. Tip in the remaining oil, onions and coriander stalks, then soften for 5 mins, stirring in the remaining jerk seasoning for the final min.
- STEP 2
Return the drumsticks to the pan, pour over the tomatoes, then bring to a simmer. Cover, then cook for 20 mins. Remove the lid, stir in the beans, then cook for 10 mins more. Scatter with coriander and serve with rice.