Fruity tabbouleh with feta
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 4
- 100g bulgur wheat
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 100g couscous
- 200g mixed shelled nut , roughly chopped (any mixture of almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans and pistachios)
- 200g mixed dried fruit , large fruit chopped (any mixture of raisins, sultanas, apricots, dates and cranberries)
- zest and juice 2 lemons
- small pack mint , leaves roughly chopped
- small pack flat-leaf parsley , leaves roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 100g feta cheese , crumbled
- grilled lamb or pork chops , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Boil the kettle. Put the bulgur wheat in a sieve and rinse with cold water until the water runs clear. Drain well and transfer to a mixing bowl. Pour over 200ml boiling water and 1 tbsp olive oil, cover with a plate and leave to soak for 30 mins. Meanwhile, put the couscous into a second mixing bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, just cover with boiling water, then cover with a plate and leave to stand for 5-10 mins.
- STEP 2
Once the bulgur wheat and couscous are ready, put them in a mixing bowl and fluff up the grains with a fork. Stir through the nuts and dried fruit, too.
- STEP 3
Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, herbs, remaining olive oil and the garlic. Pour over the grains, nuts and fruit, and stir everything together well with some seasoning. Transfer to a serving plate, scatter with the crumbled feta, and serve with grilled lamb or pork chops, if you like.