- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Cook: -
- Makes 6
- 375g pack all-butter puff pastry , thawed if frozen
- 6 fresh figs
- 25g butter , melted
- 2 tbsp icing sugar , plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp raspberry or bramble jelly
- pistachio ice cream (see 'goes well with...' below), or crème fraîche , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment. Divide the pastry into 6 pieces. Roll out each piece to the thickness of a £1 coin and cut into a 11-12cm round, using a cutter or saucer as a guide. Place on the baking sheet and mark 1cm in from the edge, taking care not to cut right through the pastry. Fork over the pastry inside the marked line.
- STEP 2
Slice each fig and arrange, overlapping, inside the marked line of the tartlets. Brush with the butter and sprinkle with icing sugar. Can now be chilled for up to 5 hrs. Bake for 18-20 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden on the edges.
- STEP 3
Warm the jelly in a small pan, brush over the tartlets, then dust with more icing sugar. Serve warm from the oven or at room temperature, with Pistachio ice cream (see 'Goes well with...') or crème fraîche.