Crab & asparagus salad with real salad cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 10 asparagus spears , each trimmed and cut into 3 pieces on the diagonal
- 100g broad beans , podded
- handful watercress
- 100g crabmeat (I used a mixture of white and brown)
For the salad dressing
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp double cream
- STEP 1
Boil the asparagus and beans in salted water for 2 mins, drain well, then cool quickly under cold running water. Slip the outer skins from the beans.
- STEP 2
For the salad cream, put the egg into a pan of boiling water, then boil for 5 mins. Cool quickly under running water, then peel. Cut the egg carefully in half, then scoop the yolk into a bowl. Whisk in the mustard, sugar, lemon juice and seasoning. Whisk in the oil and cream.
- STEP 3
Arrange the watercress, asparagus and beans over two plates. Pile the crab in the centre, then drizzle with the dressing.