- Preparation and cooking time
- no cook
- Serves 2
- 1-2 courgettes (a mix of yellow and green ideally)
- handful mint leaves
- handful toasted pine nuts
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- handful wild rocket
- 50g ricotta salata , pecorino or Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), shaved
- STEP 1
Cut the ends off the courgettes to make them each about 12cm long. Use a mandolin or swivel blade peeler to shave 4 thin slices from each courgette (use the offcuts and leftovers for another dish). Arrange the courgettes, overlapping, over two plates (alternating the colour if you’ve used yellow and green) and trim the edges on the plate to make perfect rectangles. Season with flaky sea salt and half the lemon juice. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Stack the mint leaves together, roll tightly, then finely shred. Scatter the mint, pine nuts and rocket over the courgettes, then drizzle everything generously with olive oil and more lemon juice. Scatter over the cheese, finish with the lemon zest and serve.