- Preparation and cooking time
- plus freezing
- Serves 1
- 2 drops of absinthe (we used Pernod)
- 30ml rye whiskey (we used Michter’s)
- 30ml cognac (we used Rémy Martin VSOP)
- 2 drops of Peychaud’s bitters
- 5ml sugar syrup
- 1 strip of lemon peel , to garnish
- STEP 1
Put a tumbler in the freezer. When it’s freezing cold, pour in the absinthe, swirl it so it thinly coats the inside of the glass, then tip it away. This is called rinsing.
- STEP 2
Stir the remaining ingredients, except the lemon peel garnish, together in a mixing glass, then strain into the prepared tumbler.
- STEP 3
Garnish with the lemon peel and serve.