Chicken & crispy capers with new potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 250g new potatoes , halved
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thighs , halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers , drained and dried
- 65g stuffed green olives
- ½ lemon , zested and juiced
- handful of parsley , roughly chopped
- ½bag peppery salad , to serve
- STEP 1
Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and tip in the potatoes, boil for 8-10 mins, until cooked through, then drain.
- STEP 2
Mix the flour and oregano, then toss the chicken in it. Put the oil in a pan over a high heat and fry the capers until crispy, about 2 mins. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- STEP 3
Turn the heat down a bit and add the chicken, then fry until golden, around 10 mins. Tip the drained potatoes into the pan with the olives. Fry for 10 mins, until the chicken is cooked through and a little charred. Squeeze the lemon juice over, scatter with capers, parsley and lemon zest and serve with the salad.