Bone marrow stuffing
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 6
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 200g dried white breadcrumbs
- 200g bone marrow meat (ask your butcher for this) , cut into 2cm dice
- small bunch thyme , leaves finely chopped
- small bunch parsley , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the onion for 8-10 mins until softened, tip out into a bowl and leave to cool. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- STEP 2
Add the remaining ingredients to the onions along with some seasoning, and mix well. Spoon into an ovenproof serving dish, about 22 x 12cm. This is a fairly loose stuffing, so press it down with the back of a spoon if you want a closer texture. Cook for 35 mins until the stuffing is dark golden brown with crisp bits on top.