- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (or just a pinch if you want less heat)
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 2 limes , zested, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 3 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 3 peppers , cut into chunks
- 2 red onions , peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 x 400g cans black beans , drained
- 850g side of salmon , pin-boned and scaled
For the salsa
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the paprika, oregano, cayenne, sugar, lime zest, garlic and oil in a bowl with a good pinch of salt. Toss the peppers, onions and beans with half of the spice paste in a large roasting tin, then cook in the oven for 25 mins.
- STEP 2
Remove from the oven and give the veg and beans a good mix. Lay the salmon on top, skin-side down, then brush over the remaining spice paste. Bake for a further 25 mins, until the salmon is cooked through.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, for the salsa, halve, stone and finely chop the avocados and mango. Mix with the lime juice, chilli, coriander and some salt. Serve the salmon, veg and beans with the salsa and lime wedges for squeezing over.