- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 250g pouch cooked grains
- 2 small beetroots, peeled and quartered
- small bunch of mint, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
- small bunch of parsley, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, finely chopped
- STEP 1
Put the kettle on to boil. Tip the grains into a fine mesh sieve, pour over a kettleful of boiling water, over the sink, leave to drain, then tip into a large bowl. Put the beetroot, most of the herbs, the olive oil, lemon juice and 5-6 tbsp cold water in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Season lightly, adding a splash more water to loosen if needed. Mix into the bowl of grains and stir until they are well-coated.
- STEP 2
Toss the tomatoes, onion, cucumber and lemon zest into the grain mixture until combined. Season to taste. Divide between two plates, sprinkle with more herbs and drizzle with a little olive oil.