- 2 red-skinned apples , unpeeled, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
- squeeze of lemon (optional)
- good handful mixed salad leaves
- 6 cooked baby beets , plain or spicy, halved or quartered
- 100g smoked mackerel , flaked
- 150g pot 0% bio-yogurt
- 2 tsp hot horseradish sauce
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed
- a few dill sprigs
- STEP 1
If not eating straight away, toss the apple in a little lemon juice to prevent it going brown. Pile the salad leaves onto plates and top with the apple and beets.
- STEP 2
Mix the mackerel with the yogurt and horseradish sauce to make an almost mousse-like consistency. Spoon onto the salad and scatter with the seeds and dill.