- 2 red-skinned apples, unpeeled, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
Grown in temperate regions, apples are one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits. There are…
- squeeze of lemon (optional)
Oval in shape with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile…
- good handful mixed salad leaves
- 6 cooked baby beets, plain or spicy, halved or quartered
- 100g smoked mackerel, flaked
- 150g pot 0% bio-yogurt
- 2 tsp hot horseradish sauce
Horseradish root is larger than an ordinary radish, and has a hot, peppery flavour.
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed
- a few dill sprigs
If not eating straight away, toss the apple in a little lemon juice to prevent it going brown. Pile the salad leaves onto plates and top with the apple and beets.
Mix the mackerel with the yogurt and horseradish sauce to make an almost mousse-like consistency. Spoon onto the salad and scatter with the seeds and dill.