Scallops in a leek sauce
Member recipe by pippygirl
- 18 scallops
- 3 spring onions, including green stems, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 30 g fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only, rinsed and sliced
- 200 ml white wine
- 400 g peeled chestnuts
- 200 ml pouring (whipping) cream
- salt and pepper
- 1.In a saucepan, brown the garlic in the olive oil, then add the leeks, spring onions and ginger. Lower the heat and stew for 10 minutes, then add the wine and chestnuts and cook for 5 minutes before adding the cream. Simmer gently for a further 5 minutes and season.
- 2.While the mixture is cooking for the last five minutes, sear the scallops in olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat for 2 minutes each side.
- 3.Serve the scallops on the chestnut and leek fondue