Easy Peasy Yorkshires
Member recipe by lucie84
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Puddings
A simple recipe for Yorkshire puddings..easy to make and no scales required
- Batter (makes 2 x large victoria sponge sized Yorkshire puddings or 12 individual)
- 1 cup of eggs
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of milk (any variety)
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate of Soda
- Cooking oil
- Fill the baking tins (2 x large Victoria sponge tins or a 12 bun tin with 1cm of oil. Swirl the tin to line some of the sides.
- Pre heat the oven to 200C and put the oil filled tins into the oven to heat.
- Beat the eggs and use enough to fill a cup, fill the same size cup with plain flour.
- Fill half a cup with milk and half with water.
- Pour all 3 cups in a mixing bowl, add a tsp of bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt. Whisk the mix until light and fluffy.
- Make sure the oil in the oven is spitting and very hot, quickly pour in the batter mix to half the tin height.
- Place back in the oven and cook for 12 minutes.
- Once the Yorkshires have risen remove them ready to serve.