Nigella Nutella CheeseCake
Member recipe by paulc007
Nigella's description: I donÃ¢ÂÂt know if I should apologise for this or boast about it. Either way, I feel you will thank me for it. The thing is, itÃ¢ÂÂs embarrassingly easy to make and is just the sort of count-no-calories indulgence that the season demands. DonÃ¢ÂÂt be tempted to let the cheesecake come to room temperature before serving. It slices and tastes better with a bit of fridge-chill on it.
- 50 grams Digestive biscuits
- 75 grams unsalted butter soft
- 400 grams Nutella at room temperature
- 100 grams Hazelnuts toasted and chopped
- 500 grams cream cheese at room temperature
- 60 grams Icing sugar
- Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the butter and a 15ml tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add 25g of the hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
- Tip into a 23cm round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
- Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Scatter the remaining 75g of chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.