Pork with Paprika and Olives
Member recipe by blackbird17
- 500g diced pork (leg or shoulder)
- 1 red onion cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 100g chorizo, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1x400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400g can chickpeas
- 100g green olives drained and rinsed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- small bunch of parsley chopped
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/Gas 2 Season pork. Heat a little olive oil in a large flameproof casserole. Add the pork and brown all over. Remove from the casserole and set asilde. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook gently until softened. Add chorizo and paprika and cook for 2 mins, then add the tomatoes and stock. Return the pork to the casserole.
- Cover with a lid and put into the oven and cook for 1 hour. Add the chick peas and olives and cook for 1 hour more. Stir in the lemon and parsley. Serve with crusty bread.