coffee ice cream
Member recipe by carlyb1
very creamy ice cream, tasting somewhere between coffee and caramel
- 280 ml double cream
- large can condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 160 ml milk (to thin if necessary)
- Put the double cream, coffee powder and condensed milk in a heavy based saucepan and bring to boil.
- Whisk the egg yolks and the caster sugar together and add to the cream mixture. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk to thin to the consistency of thin custard and cool.
- Put into an ice cream maker and leave for 45 minutes. Put into a freezer container and freeze.