Pork, Rosti & Red cabbage
Member recipe by nicdavies
- 2 slices of Serrano dry cured Spanish ham
- 400g fillet of pork
- 4 sage leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 100ml single cream
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 Maris Piper potatoes
- 1 egg beaten
- Olive oil
- 1 onion
- Slice the pork fillet into chunks and finely chop the sage leaves and garlic. Place all in a bowl together with several glugs of olive oil and leave to marinade for 1hr.
- Finely shred the red cabbage and finely chop the onion. Melt a knob of butter over a low heat and soften the onion. Add the red cabbage and cook for 2/3 minutes. Turn off heat and leave to fuse.
- Grate the potatoes and sponge out the moisture by wrapping the grated potato in a clean tea towel and wringing tightly.
- Add the dry potato to a bowel with the beaten egg and season well. Flatten out to form two discs and dry fry each until golden. Place in a heated oven until ready to serve.
- Heat a frying pan until very hot and fry the pork fillets until crisp on the outside and just cooked in the centre. Wrap in foil.
- Add the single cream to the red cabbage and heat through.
- Finally fry the dry cured ham until crisp. Serve, with the pork fillets topped with the crispy ham.