How to make a baked cheesecake
Craving a classic baked cheesecake? Learn how to make variations on this luscious dessert with our best recipes from fruity and light to rich and boozy.
Baked cheesecakes are rich with a distinctive creamy texture that's totally addictive. Read up on our key steps to achieving the perfect results. If you're looking for a showstopping dessert, look no further.
Watch our baked cheesecake video for a step-by-step tutorial.
Tips for making perfect baked cheesecake:
- Make sure your ingredients are all at room temperature before you start combining your mixture to avoid lumps.
- Be careful not to over-whip your ingredients. This can result in uneven cooking, bubbles, and cracking.
- Maintain a steady oven temperature that isn't too high.
- Don't rush. Give your cheesecake time to set after cooking. If you're baking for a special occasion it's better to bake a day in advance.
- Let your cheesecake sit in the oven with the heat turned off and the door slightly ajar after cooking to ensure less cracking. Check the recipe for timings.
- The overall colour should be pale with a slight tint rather than golden brown.
- Don't overbake or your cheesecake will be dry and crumbly in texture. The middle should still have a slight wobble after baking, and it will continue to set as it cools.
Try our favourite recipes for a slice of heaven...
New York cheesecake
This is the archetypal baked cheesecake, the one that's sure to please everyone and can be served with any berry coulis that you, or your guests, prefer. It brings a touch of class to any dining table and has the perfect balance of sweet vanilla and the slight zing from a squeeze of lemon juice.
Luscious lemon baked cheesecake
This versatile recipe is your classic baked cheesecake with the smoothest texture you can imagine and the citrus flavour amped up. You can easily turn this tasty lemon cheesecake into an orange or lime version; simply swap the zest and juice of lemon to that of your chosen fruit. For a touch of sweetness to complement the citrus, try this raspberry & lemon cheesecake, or a late summer stunner topped with baked plums & blackberries.
More like this
Blueberry swirl cheesecake
This sweet, delicate cheesecake is brought to life with a marbling of vibrant blueberry sauce. Our blueberry swirl cheesecake is easy to make and the traybake style is perfect for slicing into bars. They make a dainty addition to a coffee morning or afternoon tea served among a wider selection of cakes.
Amaretti & sultana cheesecake
This grown-up treat is perfect for a dinner party and the crunchy amaretti biscuits make a great contrast to the creamy filling. A splash of liqueur is the key ingredient to this amaretti & sultana cheesecake and it's best enjoyed with a chilled glass of Disaronno.
Baked almond, banana and blueberry cheesecake
This almond, banana & blueberry cheesecake is sweetened with natural fruits and a drizzle of maple syrup. It uses ricotta and yogurt for a lighter, fluffier texture that contrasts nicely with the crunchy oatcakes and ground almonds in the base.
Take a look at our cheesecake collection for more creamy, dreamy treats.
Which is your favourite baked cheesecake recipe? Let us know in the comments below...