How to make leftover turkey bubble & squeak cakes
Magazine subscription – your first 5 issues for only £5!
Cassie shares her inspiring idea for turning turkey leftovers into a simple snack or Boxing Day breakfast. Be inspired to experiment with your Christmas leftovers.
Points to remember
- Whizz leftover potatoes, sprouts and turkey in a food processor – add leftover root veg, stuffing or pigs in blankets too, if you like.
- Season well and add a drizzle of beaten egg to help everything bind together.
- Shape the mixture into fat puck shapes and stuff with a good melty cheese – brie, camembert or gruyère are all good.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Dust in flour then fry in hot oil until crispy on both sides and hot throughout.
- Serve with salad leaves and a dollop of cranberry sauce.