How to make leftover turkey slaw
Magazine subscription – your first 5 issues for only £5!
Barney shares his inspiring idea for turning leftover turkey into something light and refreshing. Treat this video as a blueprint and be inspired to experiment.
Points to remember
- Treat this recipe as a blueprint and adapt it to whatever you have leftover.
- Finely shred, grate or chop whichever crunchy raw vegetables you have leftover – white cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, red onion, shallots, apples, beetroot, spring onion, fennel, sprouts, celeriac, celery would all work well.
- Make a punchy dressing, here we’ve used Thai fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar but any dressing would work, you could use leftover clementine juice and olive oil.
- Add any other leftover extras you have knocking around. Soft herbs like mint, parsley or coriander all add flavour, chopped nuts like walnuts or peanuts add extra crunch and chopped green or red chilli adds a kick.
- Shredded turkey or ham both taste delicious through the slaw but it’s also perfectly substantial on its own as a vegetarian or even vegan salad.
- When dressed the salad will keep happily in the fridge for a day or two to graze on over the holidays.