Points to remember
- Heat chicken, turkey or vegetable stock in a saucepan (around 250ml per person) with some dried mushrooms and a splash of leftover gravy.
- When simmering throw in some ready made fresh noodles and allow them to warm through.
- Finely chop a selection of leftover raw crunchy vegetables, such as celery, carrot, fennel and sprouts, and place in a soup bowl along with some pieces of leftover cold turkey.
- When the noodles are heated through pour both the noodles and stock over the vegetables and turkey. Garnish with crispy fried onions then serve immediately while piping hot.
- If you don’t have fresh noodles you can also use dried ones, just cook them in the stock until tender.