How to make chocolate ganache
Magazine subscription – choose a brand-new cookbook when you subscribe
Make the perfect chocolate icing for your cake with BBC Good Food’s easy video guide. Choose from glossy ganache, smooth icing or thick frosting.
For the perfect chocolate ganache:
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces so it will melt easily and evenly. Pour nearly boiling double cream onto the chocolate.
- Stir until melted and smooth.
- You can now use it to make three different icings. Allow to cool slightly for a smooth glossy icing that you can pour over your cake.
- Cool further for a thicker icing that you can spread and swirl on your cake.
- If you allow the ganache to cool completely, the mixture will become firm.
- You can now whisk it so that it becomes light and fluffy.
- Use this to frost your cake or spoon it into a piping bag to decorate cupcakes.