How to make fudge video
Try our app for ad-free recipe inspiration - start your free trial
How to make white chocolate chip fudge.
Points to remember
- Pour the double cream into a saucepan along with the caster sugar and liquid glucose.
- Slowly heat them together, stirring continually, until the sugar melts and stops feeling grainy on the bottom of the pan.
- Turn up the heat and boil rapidly until the bubbles in the mixture look small and even.
- You know it's ready when a small amount of the mixture dropped into a glass of cold water sets into a soft ball that you can lift out with a teaspoon and pinch between your fingers.
- If you have a sugar thermometer, the temperature should be 119˚C
- Turn off the heat and keep stirring for 5 minutes or until the mix starts to thicken a little.
- Pour into a prepared tin and sprinkle with the white chocolate. Swirl the chocolate through the mixture once using a spatula or the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Leave the fudge to set overnight.
- Take the fudge out and cut it into squares. It’ll keep for up to 2 months in an airtight container.
This video uses our White chocolate chip fudge recipe. It shows the basic technique needed for all fudge recipes.