How to line different shaped cake tins
Magazine subscription – Try your first 5 issues for only £5
We show you how to line round, rectangular and loaf tins with baking parchment.
Points to remember
- Always pre-grease your tins.
- For a springform round tin, measure around the base of the tin with a pencil to get an accurate fit with the paper.
- To line the sides, use the offcuts from cutting out your base. Fold the strips of paper at the bottom and snip on a diagonal to get a fanned effect that will sit neatly in the tin.
- For a loaf tin, use your pencil to mark out a strip that's longer than your tin so the paper acts as handles when getting the cake out.
- You can also line the sides if you want to be extra careful, cutting out two strips and folding down the corners.