How to make healthy pasta salads:
- Put 2 sliced red onions, ½ sliced red pepper, 1 sliced courgette and 1 diced small aubergine on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil then roast in the oven at 200C/180C fan/gas 6 for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile put 2 pieces of foil on a separate baking tray. Put 1 salmon fillet in one and 1 sliced chicken breast with a spoonful of pesto in the other. Seal then roast with the veg for a further 12 mins.
- Mix 150g wholemeal cooked penne with the zest and juice of 1 lemon, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 tbsp rapseed oil and a handful of chopped basil. Divide between 3 lunchboxes and top each with the onions. Then add the pepper to one box, the courgette to another and aubergine to the last.
- Top the lunchbox containing the salmon with 1 tsp capers and a handful rocket, the second lunchbox of chicken with 5 halved cherry tomatoes, and the aubergine box with 5 halved Kalamata olives, 5 halved cherry tomatoes and more basil.
- Eat the salmon lunchbox on the first day, then the chicken and finally, the veggie.
For more info see the full recipe for our meal prep pasta boxes.
Check out more tasty lunchbox ideas...