Healthy lunch meal prep
Magazine subscription – choose a brand-new cookbook when you subscribe
Mix up your midweek lunchbox meals with three healthy takes on pasta salad. With salmon, chicken and a veggie option, you'll be well prepared for the week.
How to make healthy pasta salads:
- Put 2 sliced red onions, ½ sliced red pepper, 1 sliced courgette and 1 diced small aubergine on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil then roast in the oven at 200C/180C fan/gas 6 for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile put 2 pieces of foil on a separate baking tray. Put 1 salmon fillet in one and 1 sliced chicken breast with a spoonful of pesto in the other. Seal then roast with the veg for a further 12 mins.
- Mix 150g wholemeal cooked penne with the zest and juice of 1 lemon, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 tbsp rapseed oil and a handful of chopped basil. Divide between 3 lunchboxes and top each with the onions. Then add the pepper to one box, the courgette to another and aubergine to the last.
- Top the lunchbox containing the salmon with 1 tsp capers and a handful rocket, the second lunchbox of chicken with 5 halved cherry tomatoes, and the aubergine box with 5 halved Kalamata olives, 5 halved cherry tomatoes and more basil.
- Eat the salmon lunchbox on the first day, then the chicken and finally, the veggie.
For more info see the full recipe for our meal prep pasta boxes.