Points to remember:
- Lay 3 skinless chicken breasts on one side of a piece of foil. Season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice 2 cloves garlic and ½ lemon and put the slices on top of the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil then fold the foil over and fold the edges tightly to seal in a parcel. Put the parcel on one side of a baking sheet.
- Slice 2 red onions and put them on the baking sheet next to the chicken parcel. On top of the onions put sliced vegetables, but keep them separate from each other. We used 2 small peppers, 1 large courgette and 1 large mushroom.
- Peel 3 garlic cloves and tuck them in and around the vegetables. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and bake for 25 mins or until the vegetables have softened and started to caramelise and the chicken is cooked through.
- Line up 3 microwave safe food containers. Fill one with ½ x 400g can mixed beans, another with 100g cooked and cooled pasta and the third with a 250g sachet microwavable steamed rice.
- Put the peppers with the beans, the courgettes with the pasta and the mushrooms with the rice. Then slice the chicken breasts and add one to each box, plus cooking juices.
- Add additional toppings and flavourings if you like. We added:
Tomato salsa and feta to our pepper and bean box.
Olive oil, a lemon wedge and extra black pepper to our courgette pasta box.
Crème fraîche and fresh dill to our mushroom rice box.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you want to eat them just remove the lid and microwave 3-4 mins or until piping hot.
Want more simple lunch recipes? Check out our recipe ideas...