Slow Cooker Rice Pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Quick and easy traditional dessert
- 140g/5 oz short-grain rice
- 1 litre/1 3/4 pints milk
- 115g/4 oz sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon for dusting
- STEP 1Rinse the rice well under cold running water and drain thoroughly. Pout the milk into a large heavy-based saucepan, add the sugar and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Sprinkle in the rice stir well and simmer gently for 10-15 mins. Transfer the mixture to a heat proof dish and cover with foil
- STEP 2Stand the dish on a trivet in the slow cooker and pour in enough boiling water to come about one third of the way up the side of the dish. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- STEP 3Remove the dish from the slow cooker and discard the foil. Stir the vanilla extract into the rice then spoon into warmed bowls. Lightly dust with cinnamon and serve.