Pain Au Creme Egg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Excluding any time required to make the pastry
- Makes 6
Use another puff pastry recipe, or shop bought for this simple, Easter breakfast treat.
- Around 300g Puff pastry (either made from another recipe or shop bought)
- 6 Creme Eggs or 12 mini Creme Eggs
- 1 egg
- STEP 1Roll the pastry out to around 5mm thickness on a floured surface.
- STEP 2Cut into 6 strips, each around 10cm width.
- STEP 3Place a Creme Egg on one end of each strip, or 2 mini Creme Eggs, and roll the pastry up, encasing the eggs. Place onto a baking sheet, with the end of the pastry at the bottom. Cover, and leave to rise further, as per the pastry instructions.
- STEP 4Brush each Pain Au Creme Egg with beaten egg.
- STEP 5Bake at 200deg/180deg fan for around 15-20 minutes (or follow pastry instructions if using shop-bought) until golden.