- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Pluse 2 weeks to mature
- Makes Jar
- 50g butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 1 large or 2 small lemons
- STEP 1melt the margarine or butter in a large bowl over a pan of water.
- STEP 2wash and dry the lemon('s). grate the rind finely, then squeeze out the juice. add this to the pan. them add the sugar.
- STEP 3beat the eggs and add to the spoon. keep the water just BELOW boiling point.
- STEP 4pour into clean, warm, small jars. keep in a cold place and eat within 2 weeks